Friday, November 27, 2009

Elfin Short Bread Cookies

I do not remember where I received this recipe from, but it sounds perfect for the upcoming holidays.

INGREDIENTS...
  • 1 1/4 Cups flour
  • 3 TBSP sugar
  • 1/2 Cup butter
  • 2 TBSP red and green sprinkles

 DIRECTIONS...
1. If using a food processor, pulse the flour and sugar until blended.
2. Add in the butter until it all resembles fine crumbs.
3. Add the sprinkles and pulse just until the dough starts to come together.
4. Remove to a lightly floured surface and knead a few times until the dough forms a ball.
5. Pat the dough out into an 8×5 inch rectangle on a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Cut the dough into 1/2 inch squares, and separate them on the baking sheet.
7. Bake at 325 for 12-14 minutes, and then transfer the cookies on the parchment to a cooling rack.


**If you're not using a food processor, mix the flour and sugar in a medium bowl.
Cut in the butter until you get fine crumbs, stir in the sprinkles and knead until smooth.
Continue with cutting and baking the cookies…

Store in a tightly covered container at room temp for up to three days or in the freezer for up to three months.

I am considering dipping these in melted white chocolate after they have cooled... like you would making chocolate covered pretzles.  Hope it will work.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE shortbread. I'm going to see if I can make this with gluten-free flour for my daughter:)

    Sorry you couldn't view my recipe today, my husband is cleaning up the Word HTML code, so I think that will fix it. If it doesn't, and you want the recipe, let me know...
    -Fae

    ReplyDelete