Friday, November 27, 2009

Yule Blessings/Chants

Yule Chant

Brightly burns the Yule log tonight
Magic dances in firelight
Hold my hand and join the song
Raise the Sun King bright and strong
Dark is giving way to light
As brightly burns the Yule log tonight!
---Akasha

Yule Blessing

On this night so long, My Lady
keep me in your loving care.
I await the sunrise, My Lady
And the Sun King who will bear
Light and Warmth and Love, My Lady
As he has in years before.
So guide me to the dawn, My Lady
This Solstice Night and ever more.
---Akasha

I do not remember the site I got these from, but I have included whom I believe the author to be.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely layout on this site. However, just wanted to let you know that Samhain is not the name of the Winter Solstice. Samhain covers the three days that begin with Halloween on Oct. 31st, and ends on Nov. 2nd. The Winter Solstice is typically called Yule or Yuletide. I'm guessing you already know this, and it was a just a typo.
    Blessings, Mari (aka the Pumpkin Lady)

    ReplyDelete