Monday, December 21, 2009

Blessed Yule

Happy Solstice everyone!!

This is the first official Yule celebration for my family.  It was simple and perfect.

Here is how we celebrated this year:

  1. I discussed the importance of the Solstice with my boys.  I hit on several important points:
    • longest night of the year
    • days will gradually get longer
    • this is the time of year leading up to spring
    • it is a time of preparing for the return of the Sun (for example: deciding what to plant and when)
    • a time to reflect on things in our life and decide if we need to come up with a life plan (for example: always rushing around in the mornings before school... go to bed 15 minutes earlier, set out clothes the night before and already have lunch made)
  2. We had a sit down family dinner of roast, potatoes, carrot, and homemade mac and cheese.   

Tomorrow we will be making bird feeders and placing them in the trees around our yard.  The boys are besides themselves with anticipation.  I'll post pictures and let you know how it goes.

Wishing you and yours the happiest of holiday seasons.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful activities!

    Blessed Yule to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful to me!
    I'm off to check out your Solstice Punch. :)

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete