Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beltane Is Upon Us

Beltane will be here before you know it and I am far from ready.  I know this is the second most important Sabbat next to Samhain, but I have yet to come up with a plan as to how to mark its arrival.

The Sabbats come so quickly.  I love it because I am always preparing for marking the next turn of the wheel of the year, but being new to the path I am always searching myself and the internet to find ideas and traditions that suit our family.

To be honest, I am not entirely sure on the difference between this Sabbat and Ostara.  If you have any insight you are willing to share, I would be greatly appreciative.

1 comment:

  1. Beltane is the other Sabbat where the veil is said to be thinner. As with Midsummer, there is some faery lore associated with it.

    It's one of the four fire festivals, and celebrates fertility - not just of couples, but of planting time, and the beginning of the growing time of the year. (Ground tilled at Ostara, seeds planted at Beltane.)

    Last year I did a spa night for myself, and on May morning a ritual outside in my garden.

    ReplyDelete