Sunday, May 2, 2010

Book Review: Seven Spirals... A Chakra Sutra for Kids


Seven Spirals: A Chakra Sutra for Kids by Deena Haiber and Aimee MacDonald is a beautiful addition to anyone's children library.  This book was written by two SAHM that home school their children.  What started out as a project that was merely for fun turned into a wonderful resource for other families to use as well.

Seven Spirals contains:
  • vibrant illustrations full of movement and life
  • an explanation of each chakra including the associated color and chakra location
  • a story about a little girl name Rowan focused around each of the chakras.
I honestly got this book not knowing anything about chakras myself.  The illustrations alone are enough of a draw to make this book worth purchasing, but then you have the story itself. 

I like that the story is divided into different parts because I can read a specific section as my boys need it.
OR
I can choose to go over one chakra at a time and revisit and discuss the appropriate section of the story for an entire week.

I would definitely suggest seeing if your local library has this book and check it out.  I wish I had a second copy, so that I could frame some of the illustrations for my upstairs sitting area.  They are simply magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment