Monday, October 5, 2009

Blessing Cards for the Kiddies

In the book, the creative family, Amanda Blake Soule has her beautifully decoupaged blessings sitting in a handmade bowl on her table.  Each nigh before feasting, her family chooses a blessing and recites it together holding hands.  With the slow demise of the "family" meal, I want to begin traditions that will hopefully bring my family a step closer while providing my boys with a wonderful tradition to pass down to their own children one day.

Now, that I have found some wonderful blessings and prayers I plan to make similar cards to adorn my table as well. Here are my plans as of now. I'll let you know if there are changes made as the project unfolds.

Directions:
  • Type up each blessing/prayer on card stock or scrapbooking paper.
  • Measure the size of the largest blessing.  Cut out rectangles a bit larger than this size.  Make enough for all of the blessings you plan to create.
  • I am going to let my boys paint or use oil pastels on the rectangles if they would like.
  • Then, we will use scrapbook paper, stickers, clipart, and magazine clippings to decorate the large rectangles. Adhere the decorations to the rectangles using modge podge.
  • Finally, cut out a blessing and glue it to the center of a larger rectangular card.  Continue until all cards are finished.
Hopefully, this makes enough sense.  I will post pictures as soon as I can get my program running.  My photo computer crashed recently and lets just say I lost quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment