Saturday, October 3, 2009

My Journey Begins

Merry Meet.

This is my first official post on my new blog.  I am beginning my Pagan journey and wanted a way to collect my thoughts, share my ideas, and get feedback from other Pagans following the path.

I will need your help on this endeavor as I am a solitary practitioner.  I am also wanting my children to be included in my traditions and beliefs as much as me and my husband can agree on.  He just doesn't want me to use terminology that my children could use with friends that have the potential to scare other parents off.  I think he is concerned that hearing I am a pagan or using words such as magick or ritual will evoke fear in parents due to their ignorance about what pagan beliefs truly entail.

I think as the boys get older and we become closer friends with the parents of their friends he will be more comfortable and open about my beliefs.  He is more than willing for me to share my thoughts with my children.  He just doesn't feel that my beliefs should interfere in a negative way with their lives.  To this point, I must agree.

So, I hope you will stop by often to provide me with guidance and ideas for each of the main Sabbats.  I am hoping that I can use this blog as my own online Book of Shadows... a place for me to track my beliefs and traditions... a place for my children to go as they are growing up to understand the beliefs that I have.

On this note, blessed be and hope to hear from you soon.

6 comments:

  1. What a perfect time to start on your path, with the new year approaching. I have raised my children while being pagan and we have had only a few rough moments with other children,(mostly when they were in Jr. high because pre-teens are just mean.) Your husband is right in watching the terminology with them. Somethings will just become something your family does, and will never really need a name. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amethyst Moon, Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them. I think that this will be the perfect Samhain this year as my father in law passed away I believe 2 year ago. I think remembering him on this day in a special way will help my kids find closer and acceptance that he has passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOod for you. This is the same time of year that I made my final decision to follow the path. Maybe winning my Full Moon Print was comfirmation that you are of the right track. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also been researching, but not exactly practicing Paganism for some time. I am really excited to have found your new blog, and it just might inspire me to officially start off on my Pagan journey as well! THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your hubby. I don't believe children should be part of things they don't quite understand or will know how to explain to others. It would alienate them and probably confuse them a whole lot. I believe it is best to show them a bit of everything and wait until they are old enough to allow them to choose.

    For instance, yesterday my brother I got in a rather heated discussion. He is Baptist and he refuses to let my nieces trick or treating. His reason "Halloween was invented by Satanists" I feel bad for my nieces because I know they are going to start repeating this and the other kids are going to think they are strange.

    I'm happy for you and will be walking with you all the way. I'm glad you are out of the broom closet. Good luck my dear and Endless Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this blog through some other blogs... interesting. I am also just starting out this October. I am fortunate enough to live in Massachusetts so there is a larger witch population. I am in the process of joining a coven. It is a year long initiation, which I don't mind. I have two blogs right now. One for my family that I started before this journey and one for my "witchy" side that only select few have a glimpse into. You may want to check it out, http://irisawakened.blogspot.com

    To be fair, I haven't kept up with it as well as you have yours. I am still having trouble juggling the tow lives/blogs. I would love to have some "witchy" readers though!

    I will be reading yours now that I have found it!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete