Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tarot Cards: What Do I Need to Know?

I have decided that I would really like to look into buying a deck of tarot cards.  I had a deck in high school, but never really did much with them.  They called to me though at the time I did not understand why.

I found a site called Aeclectic Tarot.  It is a wonderful resource if you are looking for tarot information, want to browse through 1000s of different tarot decks or just want to get a free reading. 

After looking through many decks, here are my favorites:
  • witchy tarot:  long legged stereotypical witches adorn each beautiful illustration
  • tarot of the magical forest: whimsical animals with large heads and big eyes grace the images on each of these cards
  • tarot of trees: the most awe inspiring images of trees I have yet to find... bright, colorful, and full of fun... these cards would actually make wonderful paintings for a meditation area in your home
  • Halloween tarot: the traditional tarot images and cards have been modified to focus around Halloween... the cards are bright, cheery images that just make the Halloween enthusiast smile.
Of all of my favorites, I think the tarot of the trees may be the deck I choose.  Is there something more than feeling the need to place the cards in your hand and look at the images over and over again that should be considered when selecting a good deck of cards?

If you are in need of learning the meanings of each card, check out Thirteen's Tarot Card Meanings.

If you have any advice on how to get started with reading tarot cards, please leave a comment.  I am always in need of a good teacher.

1 comment:

  1. I love my Halloween Tarot deck - but the Tree Tarot looks great too.

    Aeclectic Tarot is the site I use to find decks and info too. They have some good tips and things on that site too, so surf around it a bit.

    I love the draw-a-day idea, but I don't always remember to do it. It's a really good practice though, and will get you used to your deck.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete