Sunday, December 6, 2009

My First Time

I bought the beautifully illustrated Tarot of the Magical Forest set and did my first reading. 

I asked a question... What should I do to calm my family stress

I laid out the cards in the five card pattern following the directions and referred to the book as needed to locate the meanings of the cards that were drawn.  I sat down in a quiet place and thought about the situation at hand and what the cards mean in accordance.  I thought about the placement of each card and how that card represents the past, present, & future outcomes.

I think my reading has really helped to move this situation in a positive direction. 

Regardless, the outcome is more favorable than of the past few days. I am calling that a success my friends. I think the power of the mind plays a huge part into what life has in store for us. I am hoping that by using more tarot readings to guide my choices in life I can make more conscience decisions that are reflective and honest to myself.

I am now able to download photos again... yay!!!  I will take a picture of the layout and tell you my thoughts soon.  I just want others' opinions on if I am interpreting the cards correctly.

4 comments:

  1. I have both the original Chinese and new version from Llewellyn and I absolutely love the Magical Forest! They never let me down when I read with them... I think that you'll really enjoy this deck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLus, it doesn't hurt that they are absolutely the cutest little animals. I am going to try ti again tonight and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about this deck. I have the Universal Waite deck, a hand-me-down from a friend. It can be quite fun and helpful to consult the cards. The first couple of times I did it, I got some bogus readings. The third time it was right on the money! It felt so nice to feel it working, to have some insights.

    I am glad that you have found a deck that works for you and that your reading went well. I find so much stress around the holidays as well, but I think most of it is money related. If I were rich, it would be stress-free. Or so I think.

    I will post any new info I have on inner temple work when I find out more about how to do it all! If it spikes your interest and you have the money, I highly suggest getting the book "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" by Christopher Penczak. I got it from the library, but it really should take a year to go though and practice. It covers all of that cool stuff as mentioned in my blog.
    Bright Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your deck! I feel like I'm bringing a new kid home each time I bring home a deck - I just love them!

    ReplyDelete