Friday, December 4, 2009

Yummy Holiday Cookies

Ingredients...

  • 1 box devil's food cake mix (or any other flavor of  your choice... Betty Crocker cake mix is suggested)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil 
  • 2 large eggs
  • powdered sugar
Directions...
  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Stir dry cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl until dough forms. It is best to do this by hand.
  3. Dust hands with powdered sugar and shape dough into 1" balls.
  4. Allow the rolled dough to sit for a minute or so before following the next step.
  5. Roll balls in confectioners' sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until center is just set... err on the side of underdone rather than overdone.
  7. Cool on wire racks. 
  8. If needed, sprinkle with a bit more powdered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Now I feel like eating cookies, you are a very bad pink fish! Let me see if I can get my brother to do some baking, he is surprising great on that department--way better than me, to my eternal shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but post the cookie recipe. It sounds scrumptious. I'll let you know when I make them and how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete