Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nature Table: Winter 2009-2010

In the fall of 2009, we turned the top of our buffet into a "Nature Table".  This is my version of an alter or place of spirituality.  It is located along the wall in the dining area directly between the kitchen and living room.  We change the table for each of the seasons, but add and take away items according to the wheel of the year as well.

I had pictures of my Fall Nature Table that were beautiful.  With all of the viruses we have had on the computers this year, the photos have been lost in cyberspace somewhere.  I am hoping that the hubs will take the hard drive to a data retrieval office, so that I can get back some of my precious photos.

Anyways, here is our Winter Nature Table.  I absolutely adore it!


The brown platter is used to collect items we find out in nature.  We place the items on the platter and thank the earth for such wonderful beauty.  We never pick or disturb nature.  We only take what has fallen or is already dying.

We also covered the Nature Table with a variety of pine cones, evergreens, & snowman statues.  Unfortunately, these items had to be purchased because we just cannot find these kind of things out in nature in our part of Texas.

I think this is one of the traditions I am most proud of.  We received such a positive response from everyone involved and grew closer as a family along the way.


Our Winter Nature Table has been blessed with this beautiful photo of the moon.  I won this photograph from another blog.  If it happens to be from you, let me know cause I would love to post your name here.

** The glass jar tied with raffia, held the 21 gratitude cards... one for each day from Thanksgiving until Yule.**


We had a white and brown candle on the table as well.  We lite one to represent the coming Sun and the other to represent the passing Darkness.

The star in the above picture is my family's version of a pentacle.  My children as still very young and I want to introduce them to my beliefs in a way that is acceptable to mainstream society if they choose to discuss our beliefs with their friends.

Holidays time around our casa is always full of family induced stress.  I found this sparkly, silver "PEACE" sign and snatched it up quick.  It has become my new holiday mantra.  For the first time since my eldest has been in this world, I did have a very pleasant and peaceful holiday.  Thank you Goddess for watching over my family and blessing us this holiday season.

3 comments:

  1. What a really lovely way to get your whole family involved in the seasons and the Wheel! Love the Thankful Jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your ideas and your beautiful altar.

    I think it's perfect for young children.

    Well done! It's lovely.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nature table, and I love the idea of the gratitude cards...Thank you for sharing a wonderful family tradition with me, I think it's warm and beautiful:)
    -Fae

    ReplyDelete