Monday, May 31, 2010

Blessing Broom

The summer solstice is almost here.  Consider making a blessing broom to cleanse your home and deter negative energies and spirits from entering your home.

Tie beautiful ribbons or ivy around the handle of your broom.  Tuck herbs or flowers underneath the ribbons.  Use twine or raffia to secure several bells near the bristles of the broom. 


While sweeping your home, recite the following verse:

Sweeping, sweeping, 'round the room,
Blessings from this cleansing broom.
From floor to ceiling, and all between,
May this space be fresh and clean.
Sweeping good energy here to me,
As I will, so it shall be.

~Patti Wigington

2 comments:

  1. I've got a broom collection, but never made myself a decorative one. Perhaps it's time I did...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very rustic looking broom and have been waiting for some inspiration for how to decorate and display it -- this is definitely a possibility! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete