Sunday, May 23, 2010

Celtic Messages Cards

It has been a very busy time this last month.  (Read more.)  But... yesterday I made time to go to the book store with Little Jae.  While there, I came across a set of cards I fell in love with... Celtic Messages.


I think a reviewer on the Barnes and Nobel site described the set beautifully...

"I LOVED all of the Celtic information that came with the deck. The cards will not only teach you about Celtic lore and traditions, but about their belief system and how they balanced their life with the changing seasons and the signs attached to each. This deck will teach you about moon phases, celebrations and the dates attached to each, what the Celts believed in, and how they ran their daily living. The cards are lovely, with wonderful art and colors. The cards are round, so even touching them feels good. I am very impressed. Powerful symbols and a bit complex, so the newbie might feel confused, but sitting down to study everything, and taking your time to understand and apply the knowledge, will make the new person feel better. A deck to take time with and to savor. All in all, a really lovely deck to own, and beautiful Celtic culture to enjoy."

Personally, the art and the attachment to nature was the draw for me.  The roundness of the cards was perfect as it can symbolize the turn of the wheel.  There are several different layouts presented in the small bound booklet that accompanies the cards.  I particularly liked that you can pull one card as a focus for meditation or for a guide for the day to come.

I am new to reading cards, but have gotten a bit better with practice.  I think this deck and I will become lifelong friends.  The draw I had towards these cards was amazing.  I just felt it was something I needed to purchase which is rare for me.  I guess I will see where the cards lead me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment