Sunday, December 19, 2010

Out of Darkness We Have Light

I have been trying to come up with some ideas for the Winter Solstice this year.  I want to begin some family traditions that can be continued for many years to come.

I have found that looking to other mom's for inspiration is usually a good place to start.  I have found several articles that speak right to the heart.  When you are reading, you dream of recreating something similar for your family. 

I think what I enjoy most is the solitude reflection and family that goes into these celebrations.  The days are simply and full of peace.

I hope you enjoy the articles below as much as I have.  The first articles are more books and items to create that can then be incorporated into tradition.  the final articles will describe several traditions that I found endearing.

Winter Snack Mat ... Simple mat to eat all your wintry goodies on.

Critter Comfort ... Making the animals happy one at a time.

Winter Reading with Young Children ... Wonderful books to celebrate the season.

Star Children ... Create a simple giving area in your home.

Winter Crafts for Little Ones ... Scroll all the way to the bottom and check out the advent calendar.  I want to create one that only counts for 21/22 days... a count down to the Solstice.

Finding Stillness: Simple Solstice Ritual

The Longest Night ... Traditions remembered.

Winter Solstice Traditions ... Traditions to aspire to.

What is your favorite family tradition? 

What tradition do you hope your children continue in their own families?

No comments:

Post a Comment