Sunday, December 19, 2010

Rarer Than Rare Winter Solstice


My husband knows my pagan beliefs and is very supportive.  (On a side note he is still figuring out his own beliefs.)  He came to me today and said he wanted me to see something amazing that would happen on the Solstice.  Curiosity got the best of me and I had to know.

Check out the site from Nasa called Space Weather.  Click on the link for animated eclipse.

At 1:41am on December 21st, there will be a total eclipse of the moon.  It will last until 2:53 am.  (This is central standard time.) 

I am going to get up around 1:15 to make hot chocolate and gather blankets.  I want to set up a cozy place in our yard to view this wonderful event.  At about 1:30, I'll get the boys up so we can tip toe outside for our show.

I want to gather a bit of factual information about a total eclipse of the moon, so I am prepared to answer most of the questions the boys have.  I'll share once I get it all together.

I am so excited.  This should be a really fun time full of family bonding and a celebration of all our wonderful planet has to offer.

Joyous Yule and Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment