Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wildcrafting: An Herbal Adventure game


Learning about herbs has never been more fun.  I got the boys Wildcraft: An Herbal Adventure Game for the holidays.  If I am being perfectly honest, I purchased the game to help me learn about edible and medicinal uses of herbs.  Buying a kids board game for myself  seemed silly, so the boys got my gift instead.

Anyways, Wildcraft is created with the traditional board game feel.  You can slide down waterfalls, cross over deer trails, etc. just like in Chutes and Ladders or Candyland.  Spin a spinner.  Move the appropriate number of spaces and collect either herbs or trouble.

Collecting herbs is very beneficially as you will be able to use the herbs to assist you when trouble arises.  Trouble could be anything from a bug bite to diarrhea... of course, my boys' favorite.

We have played this game several times since Christmas and each time has provided us with loads of cooperative fun.

1 comment:

  1. Silly!? This is wonderful. I'm not a fan of board games, other than cards and dominoes, but I can really get into this. The Princess has a birthday coming up, I guess I could buy it, FOR HER of course *cough, cough*

    ReplyDelete