Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beeswax Candles

How to Make Beeswax Candles:
1. Gather your materials: beeswax, cotton wicks, and something to trim the wax.

2. Cut each beeswax sheet to approximately 8X8.  Cut the wicks an inch longer.


3. Lay the wick on the very edge of the wax, and fold over the edge, sealing the wick tightly within. As this is done, you and your children may make spring time wishes and seal them tightly within the candle's center..

4. Roll the wax up evenly and tightly.

5. You are done!

On the night of Imbolc, many say to place a candle in ever window and allow the candles to burn out naturally.  I have a fear of fire, so we will place one candle for each member of the family on the fireplace instead.  I will explain that thisis a symbol of the sunny days just around the corner.

1 comment:

  1. I know from this site "How to Make Beeswax Candles". I will tell my friend about this site.. I know another one of the site like this.. That is www.craftsmanindia.com. please check it. it is informative like this..

    ReplyDelete