Friday, February 19, 2010

Ostara Blessings and Chants

Spring Fertility Chant
by: Jennifer Reif

Mother and father of all growing things
Unto my being your golden love bring
Bless this seed to fulfill its design
Of leaf and fruit, of blossom and vine


Welcome, welcome, warm fresh earth!
Today we celebrate rebirth!
Blowing wind, rising sun,
Bringing the spring to everyone!
Rabbits hopping, chicks in the nest,
Spring is the season we love the best!
Celebrate the green of the earth with me -
Happy Ostara, and blessed be!
~Patti Wigington
 
 
The earth is cool and dark,
and far below, new life begins.
May the soil be blessed with fertility and abundance,
with rains of life-giving water,
with the heat of the sun,
with the energy of the raw earth.
May the soil be blessed
as the womb of the land becomes full and fruitful
to bring forth the garden anew.
~Patti Wigington

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and encouraging for spring. I usually chant when I'm gardening, and when I water my plants, I like to encourage them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your Ostara ideas! Makes me feel like Spring is here...almost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely! I do believe I'll copy and paste this for further use. ;)

    ReplyDelete