Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bunny Biscuits

During my search for more Ostara recipes, I came across this simple idea for  Bunny Biscuits.  Unfortunately, I do not remember the site I found it on.

Directions:

1.  Make biscuits with your favorite recipe or open a can of store bought biscuits.
2.  Roll out the dough if needed and cut into circle shaped biscuits.
3.  Two biscuits make a bunny head. Leave one biscuit in a circle.  Cut the other one in half and flip each half over. Stick to top of  bunny head by pinching the two ears onto the head.  This should seal each ear in place.
4.  Cook according to package directions.

Note:  If you would like to make a face on your bunny, consider the following.  I am making this up as I have not made these yet, but in theory it will work.

Add 3 chocolate chips onto the circle biscuit.  place in the appropriate location to make the eyes and nose.  I am wondering if a Hershey's kiss would be to big for the nose... worth a shot I think.

Add thin slices of licorice for the whiskers or use stick pretzels press into the biscuit once it is cooked.

Use pink frosting of colored food gel to draw the inside of the ears and add a mouth or tongue.  This part would seem to be optional as the additions above would already have the biscuits looking pretty bunnyish.

This sounds like so much fun.  I think we will definitely do this on Ostara.  I'll post pictures and let you know how it goes.

1 comment: