Thursday, March 18, 2010

Teaching the Meaning of Ostara

Click here to see a post on teaching the meaning of Easter.  Then, click on the link to take you to the site with the activity.

I thought this was a fabulous idea: the symbolism of the egg, the little trinkets, the storytelling, etc.

The problem is it's Easter.  I would like to make something similar for Ostara.  I would need 12 item ideas and a story to go with each.

I only have til Saturday to get it together, so think fast and share those ideas.  I need them.

Possibilities So Far...

1.  a seed:  to discuss the plants beginning to grow

2.  a match or picture of the sun:  to symbolize the warm days to come

3.  a small bunnythe legend of the bunny and egg

4.  an egg: the legend of the bunny and egg

5.  a little homemade broom: for discussing clearing out old habits and replacing them with good ones

6.  a small plastic animal (sheep or chick or...): baby animals will soon be born

Let me know what you think about what I have so far.  Any ideas or changes would be great.  Once I am done, I will post the final results.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bright Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment