Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's All in the Cards

I have been having some mixed feelings at work.  I am a kindergarten teacher and have required planning meetings once a week.  My team is wonderful.  But... I always feel so overwhelmed by the slow pace of our meetings and the lack of ideas I receive in return for the hard work and research that goes into my planning.

Many on the team want to pay me back in some way for sharing my actual plans and all the extra ideas I have.  In reality, I just want to feel like everyone else is putting in the same effort and research I am.  Well, I would like to come away with a couple ideas that are not my own or variations of my own too.

Since this feeling is not going away and only intensifying I decided I needed some guidance.  I went to my trusted and favored Celtic Messages deck and pondered the situation.  I did not ask any questions or verbalize any ideas.  I simply thought about what makes me feel like so much of my time is wasted and why I can't just let this go. 

The same feelings arise at almost every school I have worked at.  I know that no one is trying to take advantage of me.  Everyone is doing exactly what is required.  I just have to go the extra mile and it is my choice.

Anyways, the cards have done it again.  I tend to like to pull one card over doing a detailed reading unless the situation has been evolving over a long period of time.  When I went to pull the top card off the deck, I realized I had taken  two cards instead.  At first, I was going to place the second one back in the deck but decided against it.  For some reason, fate knew card number two would hold the key to some answers.


Card number two was The Moon.  The Moon focuses on your emotional life.  You are to look at the phase of the current moon for guidance.  Since the moon is a crescent at the moment I am at my most vulnerable state.  Upon Tuesday's new moon I should continue to shield my true emotions and try to use my power of persuasion to get my point across.

After looking at the second card, I wanted to know how different the reading would have been if I had looked at the top card.  The my surprise the top card was The Springs.  The similarity in the two cards was uncanny.

The Springs suggest that the answers to my problem will be solved through my subconscious.  I should write my thoughts and feelings down to analyze and put to good use.

As always, I have received some much needed guidance and think I have a path to try.   Hopefully, it will help to ease my stress.  Only time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. It must be frustrating to work in an environment where you are the only one going that extra mile... I'm glad your reading brought some guidance.


    Your deck looks beautiful, which one do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a deck called Celtic Messages. I love it.

    I have the Samhain book to mail to you. What... a year later?
    Sorry:(
    Hopefully you can still use it before the holiday.

    ReplyDelete