Friday, September 23, 2011

Rhythm of Family

The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons

I have discovered the most wonderful resource for pagan families.  I am not even sure of the spiritual belief system this family follows, but their way of life is perfectly in tune with nature and the ever changing world around them.

The newest book, The Rhythm of Family, by Amanda Blake Soule and her husband, Stephen is phenomenal.  The text is written from the heart and full of the love they share for their family and the earth. The text goes through an entire year with the family.  Each chapter focuses on one month of the year and contains:
  • thoughts fom mama
  • thoughts from papa
  • something to make
  • something to do
  • and possibly a little bit more.
I must admit after reading Amanda's forst two books I was a bit on the fence about having her husband as co-author to this book.  Boy, was I wrong.  He writes in much the same manner as his wife.  You can feel the family connectedness from the mere words he writes upon the page. 

This family lives in a way that is inspirational to all.  If only, I could do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment