Saturday, January 9, 2010

Books for Pagan Children

I was just reading over at Merlin's Magikal Mistress about how to use crystals for healing.  It is a fantastic post!  Definitely one to check out.

Anyways, I was looking for the title of a book on crystals that I recently read... Crystals R for Kids.  It is written for children, but has very good information for adults that are interested in pursuing more information on crystals as well.

As I was looking up this title on Amazon, I stumbled onto a pagan children's book list and thought I would share.  I looked over the synopsis of several books and some of them seem promising. 

I actually have a few of the titles.  I will try to read them to my kiddos over the next week and post a review of the books.  The titles I have seem to have much better illustrations that most "pagan" themed books I have come across.  I do not understand why people assume if you are pagan you would want muted colors and simple line drawings.  I must admit that most of the illustrations do not take away from the main theme of the story though.  I think I just prefer more colorful, detailed illustrations... especially since I can read 15-20 children's books in week.  

_________________________________________

Off topic but possibly worth sharing.  I recently (in the last month) began reading a blog called serendipity.  Under the blog title is the definition... to fall or stumble upon.  It seems that the word stumble as become a new staple in my vocab as of late.  Not sure why, but it just keeps coming up naturally in writing and during conversations.

1 comment: