Sunday, January 17, 2010

Oracle VS Tarot

I was reading someones blog today and the author uses oracle cards.  I was wondering if anyone knew the difference in oracle cards and tarot.  What is the science behind the oracle? The purpose of its use?

I did a web search, but everything I found was too detailed and boring to read.  I need the nitty-gritty basics.

I did, however, run across this set of oracle cards that should be beautiful if they live up to the whimsy on the box below.




Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Not being an expert in either, but having decks of both, I go back and forth on what I prefer. Tarot is pretty standard across the board, as far as suits and arcanas. Oracles are very different from deck to deck. They usually have messages associated with a theme like Goddesses, Animal Totems, Plant Guides, Faeries, Angels, etc.

    I find both types of decks useful, but use Tarot for more in-depth readings, and Oracle cards for quick pulls and meditations.

    Have a look at Aeclectic Tarot's website: www.aeclectic.net/tarot/ and see all the different decks. It's a fun site to sift through and you just might find a deck that you have to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly can't help...I don't know much of anything about oracle cards, but I do know many Tarot card readers also have decks of Oracle cards.

    A lot of help I am, eh? LOL

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rue,
    Thanks for the insight. I think I am going to look into a deck. There are just so many to choose from. I do not know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo,
    Considering we are both learning together I'll let you know if I try them out. i like the idea of being able to pull one card for the day.

    ReplyDelete