Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yule by Lora Craig-Gaddis

I was elated to receive my copy of this wonderful text for children.  The more short stories I read about Pooka (the mischievous black cat) and Elsie (the little country herb witch) the more I fall in love with these two.  Pooka gets into so much trouble it can be silly at times, but he is always learning the ways of the witch. 

What This Book Offers:
  • again their are many blackline drawings for children to color
  • stories related to winter, Yule, birth of the sun, etc.
  • natural yule tree decorations
  • how to decorate a Yule log
  • recipes for gingerbread hot cocoa, magic fudge, peanut butter Yule log
  • natural cold remedies
  • witchy crafts for kids: spice beads, pomanders, potpourri gel jars, a Yule tree for the birds
  • how to make glue from milk
  • & a ritual for the Sun's birthday.
It is now time for me to order the book for Imbolc.  This is a collection I know I will use for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. So these are good for kids then?

    If so, I want to order them for Autumn. :)

    Please let me know...my e-mail is bridgetteleigh75@aol.com.

    I'd be super appreciative. yay!

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete