Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ostara Children Books

I stumbled upon the top four books while looking for Ostara activities for kids.

I thought this was the perfect time to look up a few others and share with you.  You could put them on hold at the local library to read between now and the Sabbat.

Books to Consider...
The Spring Equinox: Celebrating the Greening of the Earth

Ostara: Customs, Spells & Rituals for the Rites of Spring
 
Caterpillar Spring, Butterfly Summer
 
A Kid's Spring Eco-journal: With Nature Activities for Exploring the Season
 
It's Spring by Linda Glaser
 
? How Robin Saved Spring
 
? Flower Fairies of the Spring
 
~ Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter
 
~ The Easter Egg
 
** The Biggest Best Easter Basket Ever
 
~ The Queen of Easter
 
** The Butterfly House
 
** Charlie the Caterpillar  
 
__________________________________
 
**means I have read the book or recommend it
~ know the author has wonderful stories

? looked really good... I want to read them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm working with a pagan group up here to organize and open circle for Ostara and we've got the second book as a reference already but I'll have to check the local libraries and see if they have any of the others.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out "The Spring Equinox: Celebrating the Greening of the Earth" and I think I'll get it to read together with my nephew. He is not a child, he is actually a teenager, but he just got to this country and he can't speak very good English. I started learning English by reading kid's books, so we'll try the same for him--it was his idea to read Pagan books (he is Catholic) because he wants to learn more about my beliefs.

    Thanks so much for sharing dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I need to bookmark this entry for future reference. No time to check out the links right now. I'll be back though. :)

    ReplyDelete