Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Root Children & Crafts of the Seasons

I have been searching the web for over an hour to find this little wooden figurine of one of the root children.  Along the way, I came across several great tutorials on how to make a simple doll for both boys and girls.

the last site listed has the photo of the figurine I have been hunting for.  It is perfect.  I hope my book, When the Root Children Wake, comes in soon.  I know it is already on the way.

Since I was unable to get it together for Ostara I will more than likely re-celebrate Ostara on Easter with the addition of the book, doll, and Ostara Tradition Eggs.  Should be fun!

making your own root child

directions for making a waldorph doll

rag doll pattern

how to make wet felted eggs: this site also has a picture of a wood carved root child... simple and beautiful

1 comment:

  1. And, since I love this blog, too! an award here, as well!

    Blessed Be!

    ReplyDelete