Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Nature Table... the beginnings

We have finally cleared out the spring and brought in the summer.  We have our basic nature table set up and are just waiting to add to it as we find things on our out door journeys.

Here is what we have so far:

A bird bath with blue, green, and yellow stones.  A brown candle to represent the night.  A star as our pentacle.  I can't decide how I want to make the circle around it.  It stays on the table just the same.  And a small pot with a colored insert made by my boys.  The pot is empty just waiting for treasures.

This is the wooden tray that stays on our table.  I always try to put something of interest on it.  I don't think there is a time that the boys can pass the table without running their hands through all the smooth stones.

Next to the tray is a metal tricycle.  It holds a white candle representing the sun.

        
The final side of the nature table has a metal watering can holding red hydrangeas.  A recycled paper bowl made by T Man on science day at school.  A welcome stone with a birdie sitting upon it and the owl Little J painted for fall.  Just haven't had the heart to put it up yet.

I love the simplicity of the table this time.  It is much more interactive than usual which the boys love.  I would really like to learn how to wet felt some seasonal people to adorn the table, but since that may be a task a bit above my head I think I might make some peg people instead.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I love bringing things in from outside. I am a rock hound too!

    ReplyDelete