Sunday, February 13, 2011

Poems for Ostara

Decorating Eggs

I take an egg
All shiny white
And then I dip
It out of sight.

I leave it there
Within the cup
Then after a minute
I pick it up.

And oh!
It's a lovely
Shade of green!
The prettiest Ostara egg
I've ever seen.

********************

Bunnies are brown
Bunnies are white
Bunnies are always
An Ostara delight.

Bunnies are cuddly
The large and the small.
But I like chocolate ones
The best of them all.

********************

I Had an Ostara Bunny

I had an Ostara bunny,
One day she ran away.
I looked for her by moonlight.
I looked for her by day.
I found her in the meadow
With her babies 1, 2, 3.
So now I have four rabbit pets
To run and jump with me.

********************

Ostara Bunny
(Tune: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star)

Ostara bunny, soft and white
Hopping quickly out of sight.
Thank you for the eggs you bring
At Ostara we welcome spring.
Ostara Bunny, soft and white
Hopping quickly out of sight.

********************

Flowers
(Sung to the tune of “Pop! Goes the Weasel”)

All around the forest ground
There’s flowers everywhere.
There’s pink, yellow, and purple too.
Here’s one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment