Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spring Nature Table


This is the beginning of our spring nature table.  The boys helped me to select a few items that reminded them of the season.  There is a bunny and an egg as a symbol of Ostara and fertility... though my boys are unaware of this aspect as of now.  The mushroom was added when Little J received the queen, king and gnome for his birthday.

The tray in the center of the table is filled with sand and smooth gems.  The gems are mostly yellow and red to represent the warmth of the sun.  The boys are constantly rearranging and playing with the gems.  I think this is their favorite part of the entire table. 

The sand is to remind us of all the new growth we see during this happy time of year. 

In the background, you can see some fabric eggs we made a few years back.  Here are the how to directions for this project.  If you would prefer to work with wool roving, you can follow these directions instead.

We also add some bare branches to decorate as the season progresses.  I am sure there will be lots of seasonal art that can be hung from the branches.  If the display becomes too cluttered, we will place the vase and branches on the table instead.

This is a really cool art project T Man just brought home.  The bright colored background reminded me of spring, so it was added as well.

As we gather things from nature, they will be scattered about our nature table.  It is very exciting for young children to be able to manipulate and add to the table as they see fit.

What is on your seasonal table?

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful, between you and SueAnn from SueAnn's Journey keep on inspiring me. She has this wonderful mantel she decorates according to the seasons and now yours.

    But I don't feel too bad because I'm working on it. I'm having a wonderful journal handmade and I'll use it to write story to represent the changes of the season and Pagan Holidays. Then I'll put it on my own version of what you and SueAnn have ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I know your journal will be filled with some of the most magickal stories around. You've got talent.

    ReplyDelete