Monday, July 25, 2011

Falling to the Wayside

I am having such a hard time focusing on those things in life that should be most important.  It seems the last year has just thrown loopholes into everything and I spread myself too thin.  Things start to become routine and smooth out and then something else happens.

I know everyone deals with these things all the time, but when I get overloaded I tend to let go of those things are are not absolutely essential.  Unfortunately, my spirituality is not a matter of day to day necessity, so it always seems the first to go.

How do you make the Goddess a part of your daily life in simple ways that are meaningful? 

3 comments:

  1. I think it is all about interpretation. When I'm feeling extra blue, I think that the gods too have to have their nasty days, so I don't feel too far away. I try to find a friend who can remind me that even if it doesn't look like I'm doing something proactive toward my spirituality, the fact that I'm living is proof enough that I am.

    You are thinking about it, dear, so you are not so far off.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say that you have to "pay yourself first" and I think this applies to all parts of you. If you can't incorporate spirituality into everyday then try taking a 5 or 10 minute break in the car or the bathroom to just sit still and maybe quiet. You can even do a blessing at the sink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. You are both very wise and perceptive. Sometimes you just need a reminder that even the littlest things take can take you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete